Ross Shor Lynch
December 29, 1995
Actor, musician, dancer, singer
Early Life and FamilyEdit
Ross was born in Littleton, Colorado, the fourth out of five kids to Mark and Stormie Lynch- Riker, Rydel, Rocky, Ross, and Ryland.
He and his family moved to California in 2007 to allow his brother Riker to pursue a career as an entertainer. After the move, his brother Rocky taught himself and Ross how to play the guitar, and Riker to play bass while their sister Rydel began to play the piano. They soon made the band R5 with a friend they met at a dance studio, Ellington Ratliff, who plays the drums. They say Ratliff is like family and a brother to them. Their band's website is R5rocks.com.
He is the cousin of professional dancers, singers and actors Derek Hough and Julianne Hough.
Ross can play piano, drums, guitar, bass, and is learning to play violin. He has danced for the Rage Boyz Crew, a group founded by a dance company in Southern California. He has been on So You Think You Can Dance and has had guest appearances on shows like Moises Rules!, and can even be seen in movies
such as Grapple, with Anton Troy. In 2009, he appeared in the Kidz Bop music video for Hot n' Cold, Let It Rock, So What, and Love Story. In 2010, Ross was featured as an extra in the Hannah Montana music video, Ordinary Girl.
Lynch was cast in early 2011 to appear in the pilot for the Disney Channel entitled Austin & Ally, playing the lead male role of Austin Moon, a teenage singer who becomes an overnight sensation after a music video featuring a rocking performance by him is uploaded to the internet by his friend Dez, played by Calum Worthy. The pilot was later picked up for a full season';s production; the show debuted in December 2011, and was renewed for a second season in March 2012.
In early 2012, Lynch began work on the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Teen Beach Movie (Starring Maia Mitchell.) He is performing the role of Brady, the male lead in the film, which is directed by Jeffrey Hornaday and was released on July 19th, 2013.
Ross Lynch plays rhythm guitar and is one of the lead vocalists in the band R5 which also consists of his three elder siblings and a friend of theirs, Ellington Ratliff. In 2010, R5 released an EP titled "Ready Set Rock"consisting of songs written primarily by his brothers Riker and Rocky along with his sister Rydel. In April 2012, R5 announced via the band website that they had signed a record deal with Hollywood Records and that they are planning for their first club tour. It had been in May 2012. On February 19, 2013, they released a second EP titled "Loud".
Lynch has also recorded several songs for Austin & Ally. These songs include Heard It on the Radio, A Billion Hits, Not a Love Song, Illusion, Na, Na, Na (The Summer Song), Double Take, It's Me, It's You, Heartbeat, Better Together, and Without You (the theme song for the series). They also created a Shiny Money and Austin Moon Double Take (remix). A Billion Hits was released as a digital download on February 21, 2012. At some R5 concerts, full songs from Austin & Ally, (i.e. Heard It on the Radio, Double Take, A Billion Hits and Not a Love Song) have been sung by R5 and Ross Lynch. Most recently, Ross, along with Maia Mitchell, Spencer Boldman and Bridgit Mendler went to Sydney, Australia for Disney Australia's Fanfest. Ross and Maia Mitchell promoted their movie Teen Beach Movie.
In 2015, Ross's brother Riker Lynch became a contestent on the 20th season of the hit ABC series Dancing With The Stars.
|2008||Macy's Passport Celebrity Catwalk Challenge||Dancer||Background Dancer|
|2009||"Little Miss Swagger" (Music Video)||Dancer||Background Dancer|
|2010||Grapple!||Aaron - Age 10||Minor role|
|2010||Hannah Montana "Ordinary Girl" music video||A Student||Minor role|
|2011–present||Austin & Ally||
|2011||Austin & Ally||Ralphie Hayes||Minor Character|
|2011||A Day as Holly's Kids||Holly's Actual Kid 1||Short|
|2013||Disney 365||Himself||TV series documentary|
|2013||Teen Beach Movie||Brady||Main Character/Role|
|2013||Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man||Jack Russell (aka Werewolf by Night) (voice)||
Ep. “Blade and The Howling Commandos”
Muppets Most Wanted
|2015||Teen Beach Movie 2||Brady||Main Character/Role|
Awards and NominationsEdit
|2012||Teen Icon Awards||"Iconic TV Actor"||Austin & Ally||Nominated|
|"Iconic Editor's Choice"|
|Hollywood Teen Awards||"Favorite Breakout Star"|
|2013||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||"Favorite TV Actor"||Won|
|Radio Disney Music Awards||"Funniest Celebrity Take"||Himself||Nominated|
|"Best Music Video"||Heard It On the Radio||Won|
|"Iconic Male Star"||Himself||Nominated|
|"Iconic Movie Actor"||Teen Beach Movie|
|"Iconic TV Actor"||Austin & Ally|
|2014||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||"Favorite TV Actor"||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||"Choice TV Actor: Comedy"||Won|
- Ross and his Uncle Shor were born on the same day, which is why his middle name is Shor.
- He starred in a hit Disney Channel Original Movie, Teen Beach Movie.
- He will return to film Teen Beach Movie 2 this Summer for it to premiere on 2015.
- Ross believes guitar is the center of R5's music.
- Ross says he loves how when the guitar is playing then the bass jumps in and he loves how the bass sounds.
- PopStar's exclusive 2013, "Ross always dreamed of starting his own band and rocking out with his music".
- He is in a band called R5, with his siblings and close friend.
- His family tree in order: Mark Lynch, Stormie Lynch, Riker Lynch, Rydel Lynch, Rocky Lynch, Ross Lynch (himself), and Ryland Lynch.
- He had never been to Disney World until 2012.
- According to sources, his favorite animal is a Siberian Tiger.
- He really wants to go to Africa and the UK.
- He is currently 6ft. tall.
- He is a Capricorn.
- He plays guitar, piano, bass and drums.
- He has three brothers and one sister.
- He loves playing ice hockey.
- He is the youngest of all the main cast.
- He has an outie bellybutton.
- He had his first kiss at age 13 on the set of a short film.
- He used to be a singer in a group called "Kidz Bop", with Zendaya Coleman, and more.
- His birthday is exactly one month afterLaura Marano's, his fellow cast member (November 29th and December 29th).
- His favorite candy is Cadbury Easter eggs.
- He has been dancing since he was about 5 years old.
- He likes to draw and sketch.
- His favorite movie is "Romeo and Juliet".
- He has been playing ice hockey since he was 3 years old and once commented that if he wasn't an actor, he would definitely be a Hockey Player.
- His favorite number is 32 because that was his first hockey number and if you add them together, you get 5, his family band's number.
- Ross is passionate about music, playing music with his family band R5.
- He is romantic, and loves to watch romantic movies.
- Ross can drive now because he just got his driver's license. He posted this to Twitter "I can now drive ! I'm totally going to pick up some ladies!"
- His most common nickname (and his favorite one) is "Rossome".
- He is now an official "Disney's Friends For Change Ambassador".
- What Ross had to say about Austin (Courtesy "Disney Channel: Austin & Ally Rhythm and Moves Marathon"):
- Similarities: "Austin and I are very similar. We both love having fun, we both love being on stage and we both really do care for our friends."
- Differences: "I'm a bit smarter than Austin."
- He and his family always goes to Keystone, Colorado at winter for a family skiing vacation.
- He loves to fly model airplanes.
The image gallery for Ross Lynch may be viewed here.