Julia Campbell portrays Penny Dawson, the mom of Ally, in the Disney Channel original series, Austin & Ally. She is an American actress, who is best known for her role 'Christie Masters' in the film Romy and Michele's High School Reunion along with Mira Sorvino, Lisa Kudrow, and others.
Campbell was born March 12th, 1962, in Huntsville, Alabama , USA. She used to be married to Bernard White, but is now currently married to actor Jay Kames. She had set off her acting career in 1984 on Ryan's Hope as Katie Thompson. She appeared there for five episodes, lasting until 1985.
- In the 1980's, she did a Jack in the Box commercial that led to her being cast as an inmate in the sitcom Women in Prison since she had this victimized, haunted quality about her.
- She started to take theater classes in high school. She got enough experience to be accepted to Webster University, where she earned her BFA in drama.
- Her high school was Lake Braddock Secondary School, Burke, Virginia.
- She grew up wanting to be a ballerina.
- At age 11, she developed scoliosis.
- At age 15, she underwent corrective surgery.
- As a result, she is unable to participate in any activities that may put stress on her spine: skiing, horse back riding, roller coaster riding, and especially dancing.
- Like Laura Marano, Julia had a guest appearance in an episode of Heroes. They were not in the same episode however, nor did they play mother and daughter.